Dunmanway

Descriptions of Mountain Bike Trails.
kimjongil
Forum Legend

Dunmanway

Postby kimjongil » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:13 pm

Someone was asking how to get to the DH track in Dunmanway, so put directions on google maps below.
There's a good map/description of the track at http://www.mtbwestcork.com/blog/clashnacrona/ as well.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 66124&z=11
a.k.a. Alan

cb102
Forum Newcomer

Re: Dunmanway

Postby cb102 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:17 pm

thanks
I'll be down during the week if you fancy a spin?

cb102
Forum Newcomer

Postby cb102 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:01 pm

thanks for the link, Clashnacrona was great!

ericmull
Forum Regular

Postby ericmull » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:47 am

Anyone know which track is being used for the NPS?
I heard rumours that the 'steep' track will be used. I tried it once in the muck and spent more time on my face than i did on the bike. Too tough for sports category me thinks..
The bulge in your lycra is making me unconfortable

iankennedy
Forum Obsessed

Postby iankennedy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:05 am

I think the steep track will be used alright. I thought I heard that they will be felling around the old track

Ian
Ride it like you robbed it!!

Fukcin nnneeeeooowwwwwww

Eoin
Forum Legend

Postby Eoin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:13 am

ericmull wrote: I tried it once in the muck and spent more time on my face than i did on the bike. Too tough for sports category me thinks..

Sounds about right, im told its a little easier now than it was last year. The problem is that its way too hard for most sports and young riders, but the fast guys rate it really highly and go on about progression of the sport etc... so who do please, the newcomers or the guys that have been at it for years?

foxsus
Forum Legend

Postby foxsus » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:18 pm

the track has been tampered with alot to suite the fast young guns aswell as new comers,so i think everyone should go along for the craic aswell as racing 8)
PAIN IS TEMPORARY

GLORY IS FOREVER

ericmull
Forum Regular

Postby ericmull » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:58 pm

so who do please, the newcomers or the guys that have been at it for years?

Good point..i reckon newcomers like myself will just have to suck it up n get on with it :lol:

I'm sure with plenty of practice id get down the track unscaved and would become a far better rider in the process so bring it on :twisted:
The bulge in your lycra is making me unconfortable

foxsus
Forum Legend

Postby foxsus » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:34 pm

I'm sure with plenty of practice id get down the track unscaved and would become a far better rider in the process so bring it on :twisted:[/quote]

you couldnt be more right 8)
PAIN IS TEMPORARY

GLORY IS FOREVER

richardsouthernextreme
021 Racing Guest

Postby richardsouthernextreme » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:21 pm

ok lads im Just back from Clashna, had a good look around, good news is C4 from the back breaker down is spot on. pilgrims is 100% and the xc stuff is mostly good to go, tree down on lower middle ground but otherwise ok.

middle middle ground is almost all there with only 2 bits covered by trees, they almost need to be changed anyway as the xc heads couldn't ride em :lol: so not the end of the world.

bad news is upper middle ground is NUKED will take some hell of work to get it going again but will be worth it IMO.

also they have started into Slip and slide along the traverse before the rock drop, :cry:
sucks but could be an improvement for that section anyway, make it a LOT faster and flowier, no trees to dodge etc.
they have re cleared the motorway section but have left the jumps intact (nice of em) so we just need to pack the line in and that will be as good as ever.

Ive spotted a great line coming off the middle middle ground towards the rock drop area on slip nd slide. just be a nice flowey line not too steep or flat just a fast traverse, few nice off camber sections etc

plent potential to cut some steeper lines into that off upper middle ground/mast as well

few photo's in this gallery
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=256695&id=522341589

richardsouthernextreme
021 Racing Guest

Postby richardsouthernextreme » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:56 pm

donncha
Forum Regular

Re: Dunmanway (Clashnacrona)

Postby donncha » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Have yee forgot about Clashnacrona? It is all fixed up and better than ever.
So why is there grass growing, where there should be tyre marks?? (The grass has been recently strimmed away!)

Alot of new xc bits added (i have nearly worm out my chain saw there! and Rich has had a team of trail builders up there on a few occasions), new lines and alternatives to mix and match hard and easy from the top. The old classic/brilliant stuff is all back on track, virtually all the hard bits now have easier options built in. The place is actually better due to the felling 2 years ago now!

Now come ride it!

burnsie
Forum Part timer

Postby burnsie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:25 pm

The West Cork MTB site seems to be defunct now and the map is lost. If someone has a copy stored could they post it on this thread. We went off to do the xc routes there on Sunday and I managed to mangle my chain at the top. Looking forward to having another try the next spell of dry weather.

Adam
The Architect

Postby Adam » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:26 pm

I haven't been out that way for a long time, ill check it out next time I'm in West Cork. Are the new trails easy to find? I remember the DH tracks and some of the lower XC stuff but that was a long time ago.
Go big or go home

richardsouthernextreme
021 Racing Guest

Postby richardsouthernextreme » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:08 pm

ok the lower xc route is clear if slightly overgrown in places, middle ground is Very overgrown with grass so needs a run of a strimmer but it all there. need to get more bikes down there to keep the grass back!

the old DH is running sweet and is easy out to find. the steep track over by the mast is running well as well.

Return to “Trails”