NPS Round 3 info

Everything bike related
Niall
Club Chairman

NPS Round 3 info

Postby Niall » Wed May 02, 2012 8:59 am

For anyone looking for details of the NPS round 3 being held in Tracton on May 13th next please visit the dedicated webpage. http://www.mbcc.ie/XC_NPS_2012/

This contains all the information about directions, parking, camping, schedules, etc.

Here is the link to the online registration ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN

Not everybody liked last years MBCC NPS track :cry: and Tracton is a longer drive (2hrs 30min approx. from red cow) so is it worth the trip :? ?!
Here is what Richie Byrne had to say after his visit to Tracton in March on a very very wet day. (we have 30% of the trail hard packed since then!)

Richie Byrne
the track was awesome. maybe I'm jaded, too used to all the multitude of trails I have ridden over the years. Tracton was frickin awesome.. I can't wait to ride it in the dry..
I am so jealous of the MBCC lads having it , its absolutely amazing, even in that weather it was absolutely brilliant to ride. So many brilliant sections but the TNT stretch..I'm sorry but the best bit of trail ever..anywhere..built by hand by prophets.
.... I can't describe it..I have never seen such a well made bandit trail in my life..
ah I'm not going to go on, see for yourself at the NPS, suffice to say it was the best of the Leadmines, Djouce and the old Lumpers trail with all the singletrack.

Original post on Epic

...SO we are not the only ones that think it will be worth the trip!

And as if that wasn't good enough. We have custom made trophies for all Senior categories and Cash prizes (€€€) for Senior 1 (1st=€75, 2nd=€50, 3=€30)

If you have any enquiries please post here or email mbccork@gmail.com and I'll do my best to answer them as promptly as possible.

Niall
Club Chairman

Re: NPS Round 3 info

Postby Niall » Thu May 03, 2012 8:55 am

Here is the promo video if the track.
big THANKs to Jon Hynes for a super job as film make...we'll be hiring him out for a small fee :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEKH1mF7poA&feature=youtu.be

macstud
Forum Far Too Regular

Postby macstud » Thu May 03, 2012 11:49 am

nice work done on the video jon 8)
beer it does a body good

Niall
Club Chairman

Postby Niall » Tue May 08, 2012 8:27 am

For anyone planning on camping overnight the Overdraft Pub are doing a dinner special on Saturday night.

Soup
----
* Chicken Forrestiere (Stuffed with a Mushroom Stuffing wrapped in bacon with a creamy mushroom sauce)
* Roast Rib of Beef
* Savoury Stuffed Leg of Lamb
All served with a selection of vegetables, potatoes & Fries
€16.50 per person

To get the deal be sure to mention you are there for the Mountain bike race :wink:

Return to “Mountain Bike Chat”